Re: Why are software patents wrong?

From: Bruce Lewis
Subject: Re: Why are software patents wrong?
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2004 07:01:17 GMT

--------- ------- --- ----- ----------

Newspeak: "It's never been abused, and we are doing this to protect you."

*   Dorothy "DoubleThink" Denning, "Encryption and Law Enforcement", 2/21/1994
*
*   Although there is no evidence of widespread abuse of wiretaps by law
*   enforcement officials, Key Escrow will effectively thwart any
*   potential abuse, thereby providing greater protection from illegal
*   government wiretaps than currently exists.

It is astonishing the extent the U.S. government feels its citizens and
the world's population must by spied upon.

The U.S. Government wants all communication systems in the world to be
designed so they can spy on it.

The U.S. Government wants to know every banking transaction in the world
in real-time.

What does it look like to you?

*   "Project L.U.C.I.D.", by Texe Marrs, 1996, ISBN 1-884302-02-5
*
*   [The joint Australian/NSA building contains:]
*   A small, but highly significant, part of the building is, in fact,
*   occupied by Telecom. This is the part that contains the networking
*   junctions for the optical-fiber lines leased by the banks for their
*   "Electronic Funds Transfer System" (EFTS). ALL financial transactions
*   for the banks pass through there via subsidiary company, "Funds
*   Transfers Services Pty Ltd." (FTS)
*
*   All Australian EFT transactions are on record at Fort Meade.

*   "The End of Ordinary Money, Part I", by J. Orlin Grabbe
*   http://www.aci.net/kalliste
*
*   The most important communications network for international financial
*   market transactions is the Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial
*   Telecommunication (SWIFT), a not-for-profit cooperative.
*
*   This system for transferring foreign exchange deposits and loans began
*   actual operation in May 1977 and by 1990 had 1,812 members, and connected
*   3,049 banks and securities industry participants in eight-four countries.
*
*   In 1993 SWIFT began asking