Re: LGPL reverse engineering clause & Java

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: LGPL reverse engineering clause & Java
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 15:22:30 +0100

> David Kastrup wrote:
> [...]
>> > Go read SCO's latest court filing.
>>
>> Which of the hundreds?
>
> http://sco.tuxrocks.com/Docs/IBM/IBM-342.pdf

Cute.  The total of it looks pretty much like grasping at straws to
me, but of course it will be the court that has to decide that
eventually.

While it seems rather likely to me that SCO's defense here will be
eventually stricken down, I doubt that the GPL's terms itself will
have much to do with that.

Anyway, thanks for illustrating that ignoring the terms of the GPL can
force you having to take on the legal department of IBM, something
which probably most people you are trying to advise in this group are
not particularly longing for.