NYC LOCAL: Saturday 11 December 2004 New Yorkers for Fair Use Volunteers

From: secretary
Subject: NYC LOCAL: Saturday 11 December 2004 New Yorkers for Fair Use Volunteers Meeting: Planning for NYFU Action at FTC P2P Workshop
Date: 9 Dec 2004 13:26:01 -0500

  what="official New Yorkers for Fair Use announcement">

    New Yorkers for Fair Use will meet at 6:30 pm Saturday 11 December 2004.

    NYFU and many organizations, tribes, and free lances will attend the
    FTC P2P Workshop on 15 and 16 December 2004:

    http://www.nyfairuse.org/action/ftc

    At this NYFU meeting we will make arrangements to get down to
    the FTC P2P Workshop and present our case.

 We will meet at the the Gyro Pizza and Bagel Place on the corner of
 Third Avenue and Eighth Street on the Island of the Manahattoes, likely in
 the back.  The Gyro Place has several names.  The location is also called
 Astor Place and also St. Marks and Third Avenue.  There are two subway
 stops nearby: Eighth Street NRW, Astor Place Lexington Avenue Line.

 NYFU will be in Washington on 15 December 2004 to present to the FTC facts
 and principles not yet well understood among legislators, judges, and
 regulators.  One of the things NYFU will argue for is that there are two
 distinct usages of the phrase "peer to peer", and that it is dangerous to
 conflate the two.  We need your help to convey this, and more, to the FTC.
 If you believe you have the right to own a computer and use your computer
 as you wish in the privacy of your house, and you are willing to work in
 defense of this right, come to this meeting.  If you believe that the First
 Amendment to the Constitution of the United States, and the Fourth too,
 apply to our use of our Net, and you are willing to work in the common
 defense of our Great Commons, come to this meeting.

 In particular, at this meeting we will make arrangements to get folk down
 to Washington DC in good time for the FTC Workshop, and we will get housing
 for those who stay overnight.  So if you want to come down to Washington DC
 with New Yorkers for Fair Use, and speak before the FTC for Freedom of the
 Net, come to this meeting.

 New Yorkers for Fair Use
 DRM is Theft!  We are the Stakeholders!
 http://www.nyfairuse.org