Re: GPL question

From: Lutz Horn
Subject: Re: GPL question
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 19:39:47 +0100

* Nicholas R. Markham <markhamnr@bigfoot.com> (Tue, 15 Mar 2005 12:35:53 -0500):
> I have a program that I'd like to utilize the GNU Scientific Library.
> I'm considering some sort of hybrid approach, where the program in
> question is distributed in two ways: on its own, under the GPL; and in the
> package, under a different license.  Would something like this be legal?

No. If your program utilizes the GSL, your distributing it must be under
the terms of the GNU GPL. The license terms of the larger package and of
other programs in it which don't use the GSL don't matter.

Regards
Lutz
--
pub  1024D/6EBDA359 1999-09-20 Lutz Horn <lutz.horn@gmx.de>
Key fingerprint = 438D 31FC 9300 CED0 1CDE  A19D CD0F 9CA2 6EBD A359