Re: "Adobe Open Source License" GPL compatible?

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: "Adobe Open Source License" GPL compatible?
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 12:37:32 +0200

Yes.

Mike Linksvayer wrote:
[...]
> I did a quick scan through
> http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/license-list.html but didn't see an
> exactly comparable license.

And what you see there isn't true either. Apart from the GNU Republic,
compilations can't be infected by the GPL. And derivative works under
copyright law (not GNU copyright law), fall under the GPL and only
the GPL. The concept of "GPL incompatibility" is an idiot test.

> So, my question is in the subject line.

My answer is below it. As far as the GPL is concerned, everything
is compatible with it. It might not be so under jursidiction of
the GNU Republic (where only Mr President Stallman knows and rules
what is "compatible"), but who cares?