Re: [Wallace v. FSF/GPL] Civil Complaint No. 1:05-cv-0618-JDT-TAB

From: Rui Miguel Seabra
Subject: Re: [Wallace v. FSF/GPL] Civil Complaint No. 1:05-cv-0618-JDT-TAB
Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 21:36:04 +0100

On Mon, 2005-05-02 at 18:19 +0200, Alexander Terekhov wrote:
> http://linuxbusinessnews.sys-con.com/read/80782.htm

The content looks like a late April Fool's joke.
Sadly it seems it isn't, but then again, it wouldn't be the first time
Maureen O'Gara derived "facts" out of absurd conclusions.

        GPL “contract licensing scheme” artificially fixes software
        prices

*BONK*

        The price -fixing scheme implemented with the use of the GNU
        General Public License substantially lessens the ability of
        individual software authors to compete in a free market through
        the creation, sale and distribution of computer software
        programs.”
*BONK*BONK*

I'm selling my Free Software based services with circa 75% GPL'ed
software for a good money (hourly), and although I'm just starting on my
own parallel business, it's been quite productive. If I get a few more
clients like this, I can quit my day-job.

Rui

+ So let's do it...?