Re: Licensing question about the BSD

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: Licensing question about the BSD
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 16:19:07 +0200

John Hasler wrote:
[...]
> I think you might get away with literally doing that without infringing the
> copyright[1] with actual pieces of paper.  However, their is no equivalent
> for machine-readable media (except perhaps paper tape or punched
> cards). It's also so impractical as to be moot.

Can you grasp the idea that one can *save* downloads (lawful
electronic distribution) of "computer program" literary works on
whatever machine-readable media, and even include multiple works
on the same material object like HDD, diskette, or CD, and even
aggregate multiple works in one single archive, compressed folder,
"executable", or whatnot conglomerate of multiple works), all
without infringing anyones copyright?

http://google.com/groups?selm=40EC0D4F.933878A@web.de