Re: mach

From: Luca Saiu
Subject: Re: mach
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 19:40:30 +0200

Allan Adler wrote:
It really is not possible for me to install Mach or Hurd at this time.
I'm not prepared to spend what it costs to purchase the debian-hurd disks
and I'm not sure whether my hardware is adequate.

If you are able to download at least the first few debian GNU/Hurd CDs and you have some free disk space (500Mb should be more than enough) you can run GNU/Hurd on an emulated machine. qemu is able to run the system and it's very fast. Bochs is much slower, but it also works.

  Regards,

--
Luca Saiu, maintainer of GNU epsilon
http://www.gnu.org/software/epsilon