Re: "The Free software Movement is a Scam" -Alfred Szmidt GNU.org

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: "The Free software Movement is a Scam" -Alfred Szmidt GNU.org
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 01:41:49 +0200

   Aside from that, there are literally hundreds of other GNU/Linux
   distributions to choose from. If you want a totally no-cost system,
   you could try something else, such as Fedora Core (Red Hat's
   community-supported, "unofficial" GNU/Linux distro), Gentoo,
   Debian, Ubuntu, Slackware, Arch, etc.

Two things: All of these include and promote the usage of non-free
software.  http://www.gnu.org/links.html contains a list of completely
free GNU/Linux systems.  And: recommending no-cost systems is actually
kinda bad for us hackers, we actually need to live in some form.  But
freedom is what matters in the long run!

   (On a side note: This is the first of about 30 emails on this list
   that I've received that hasn't been spam... Who's in charge of the
   mail gateway, and would you *please* install at least a very basic
   spam filter?  ^_^)

I'll look into this.