Re: "The Free software Movement is a Scam" -Alfred Szmidt GNU.org

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: "The Free software Movement is a Scam" -Alfred Szmidt GNU.org
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 01:59:43 +0200

   Even Red Hat and Debian?

Yes.

   (Oh, that link gives me a 404 by the way. Perhaps you mean
   <http://www.gnu.org/links/links.html#FreeGNULinuxDistributions> ?)

Yup, that is it.  Thank you for the correction.

   Well, I'd recommend donating what you can (be it money or code or
   what- have-you) to projects that you like (for example: the GNOME
   team, X.org hackers, etc.). However, no one forces you as a user to
   do so...

Right.  My point was really that one shouldn't forget that most people
who hack do it on their spare time, and given money they usually can
hack some more.