NYC LOCAL: Tuesday 25 October 2005 NYU Free Culture Club: Protest DRM at

From: secretary
Subject: NYC LOCAL: Tuesday 25 October 2005 NYU Free Culture Club: Protest DRM at Virgin Record Store 14th Street and Broadway New York City
Date: 20 Oct 2005 23:23:01 -0400

Exhortatory Note from Jay Sulzberger

Below my signature is a copy of the announcement by the NYU Free Culture
Club of the protest.

DRM is more than an annoyance, and more than an assault on "consumer
rights".  DRM is larger and worse:

http://www.panix.com/~jays/what.is.drm.3
http://www.nyfairuse.org/action/palladium

The next few months offer several opportunities to take the battle to the
other side.  In particular, in early December 2005 the Library of Congress
will accept proposals for exemptions to the DMCA Anti-Circumvention
Clauses.  Let us prepare and let us propose and let us rebut and let us
attend the hearings.

http://www.sethf.com/publications/dmca-guide.php

And let us, oldbies and GNUbies and free BSDians, and all of the Free
Software Movement, help at this protest!

Let us help by showing up.  And let us explain that the issue is not a
matter of convenience, but rather of fundamental human rights.

Jay Sulzberger <secretary@lxny.org>
Corresponding Secretary LXNY
http://www.lxny.org

  what="official NYU Free Culture Club announcement">