Re: GPL and other licences

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: GPL and other licences
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 18:43:44 +0100

David Kastrup wrote:
[...]
> Wallace gets a last chance, but the court has not even found enough
> merit in Wallace's ramblings to even start proper proceedings.

"By making certain software programs available to users at no charge,
 the GPL may be discouraging developers from creating new and better
 programs because they will not receive compensation for their work,
 thereby reducing the number of quality programs available to users.
 This may be considered anticompetitive effect, and it certainly can
 be inferred from what Mr. Wallace alleges in his Third Amended
 Complaint. Therefore, this court finds that the Third Amended
 Complaint states a claim for violation of Section 1 of the Sherman
 Act, under the rule of reason doctrine."

> > We'll see much more FSF's blood this time, I think.
>
> Well, we certainly can't see any less.

See above.