Re: GPL and other licences

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: GPL and other licences
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 11:50:06 +0100

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:

[... legal scheme to escape copyleft ...]

> You realize all this emails could probably be proof of your scheme to
> break copyright law? A never ending search for ways to break it in your
> profit?
>
> What you just said could be quickly read as accessory to crime...

Oh I can see headlines. "The Free Software Foundation, Boston files a
lawsuit against Alexander Terekhov, Boblignen and all his Jane and Joe
Doe buddies across the planet for anti-copyleft conspiracy." Darn. I
may even donate some moneys to the FSF to make that historical event
happen. But here's a big secret for you, mini-RMS: copyright doesn't
contemplate copyleft. First sale, copyright misuse, and etc.