Re: GPL and other licences

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: GPL and other licences
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 23:01:36 +0100

      Remember that the point Alfred was making is that because the
      software is licensed under the GPL, he is allowed to make a copy
      _even_ if the CD is not his property and he was acting as an
      agent of licensee/owner of the copy. To him, the license is a
      magical property attached to the software, and not an agreement
      between licensor and licensee.

   It depends on the license.  The GPL gives an explicity right for this,
   some other licenses may not.  If I'm in the legal possession of GPLed
   software, maybe because my employer gave me an CD to use and install
   that specific program, then I'm also allowed to redistribute it.
                                                                ^^
The _content_on_it_! not the acutual CD.