Re: GPL and other licences

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: GPL and other licences
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 23:27:23 +0100

   Attributions yet again fixed. Please do not send me email copies of
   your posts. Learn Netiquette, please.

This is netiquette.  Group reply is common.  If you have such a hard
time figuring out who wrote what, look at the CC and reference fields.
I happen to like this quotaion style, do not try and enforce what you
consider sane on me, I'm not doing that to you.

   Do you really think that *I* can give someone else permission to
   copy files from *your* computer?

_IF_ I give you access to my computer, _AND_ to the actual content,
_YES_.  How hard can it be to understand this?  I have now several
times said this.  Please _READ_ what is written.

   Do you think its OK for a computer repair person to copy software
   from your machine because she notices that a directory contains the
   file "COPYING"?

_IF_ I have him access to the content, _YES_.

   Even Dubya would not fall for that reasoning.

Can you quit the name calling?  It doesn't serve anything, if you have
nothing to nice to say, shut up.  I haven't called you names.