Re: GPL and other licences

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: GPL and other licences
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 01:24:17 +0100

   > I don't have physical access to most, if not all, places where I
   > get free software.

   You can't get anything without access to the physical media, and
   you need the owner's permission to access the media.

And since my employer gave me such access by giving me a CD to install
on the local server, the license comes into play; and if I so wish, I
can redistribute the content if the license of that content allows me
to do so.  The employer cannot say that I am not allowed to do so,
since that would violate the license.