Re: Too late! Window hasta la vista 5308 is now fully operational.

From: The Ghost In The Machine
Subject: Re: Too late! Window hasta la vista 5308 is now fully operational.
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 21:00:05 GMT

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Stuart Krivis
<jd@mongo.krivis.com>
 wrote
on Fri, 03 Mar 2006 13:01:59 -0500
<8n0h02162bqb8rv8nbbpt1d3mkvn9db3pv@4ax.com>:
> On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 15:28:19 -0600, Erik Funkenbusch
> <erik@despam-funkenbusch.com> wrote:
>

>>Chicago was announced in 1993, and it was expected to ship in late 1994.
>>It slipped to August 1995.  Windows 95 was not meant to compete with Unix.
>
> If I remember, some of the promised features never showed up either.
> The same thing happened with Cairo, and also Longhorn.
>
> Announce early, release late, and keep the feature set morphing.

Ahh..but smell the air!  Smells like...smells like...vaporware. :-)

>>took for OS/2.  Windows 3.1 was designed as a gateway from
>>DOS to OS/2, and probably would have been successful if IBM
>>had not grown jealous of the
>>success of Windows and sabotaged OS/2 at every turn.
>
> Your interpretation of events is as bizarre as Rex's. Where do you get
> this stuff?

Plus, why would IBM shoot *itself* in the foot like that?  Windows, at
least, was aiming at others (e.g., the 4DOS debacle).

>>More fabrication, Rex.  Even if the above were true, which I can find no
>>evidence of, there is no way in HELL that you would know the details of it.
>>
>>Why is it that only YOU seem to be privy to all the inside financial
>>details of things that are kept secret?
>
> The CIA leaked it to him.

Darn.  Hope Karl Rove doesn't find out.  Or was it Scooter Libby? :-)

#191, ewill3@earthlink.net
It's still legal to go .sigless.