Re: Commercial code is better: Cedega VS Wine

From: billwg
Subject: Re: Commercial code is better: Cedega VS Wine
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 03:36:03 GMT

"Kelsey Bjarnason" <kbjarnason@gmail.com> wrote in message
pan.2006.03.09.23.10.56.12499@gmail.com">news:pan.2006.03.09.23.10.56.12499@gmail.com...
> On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 19:31:15 +0000, billwg wrote:
>

>> "Kelsey Bjarnason" <kbjarnason@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> pan.2006.03.09.18.28.05.586986@gmail.com">news:pan.2006.03.09.18.28.05.586986@gmail.com...
>>>
>>> That's nice.  I'm forced to conclude you can't actually support your
>>> statement, in light of a concrete counter example, so you're
>>> admitting
>>> you
>>> were, in fact, spewing complete crap.
>>>
>> Well you didn't read far enough, kelsey.  You missed the part where
>
> Where you actually demonstrated how XP is faster, cheaper, more
> reliable,
> more flexible, more powerful than Debian, the failure of which would
> be
> the admission your assertion about commercial software having to be
> better
> was complete bullshit?
>
> You're right; I did miss that part.  It wasn't there.
>
> Do feel free to point it out, though.

Well, kelsey, you are obviously hopeless, but consider that the
consumers don't see it that way.  They see linux as a cheapo substitute
for the real thing.  Really cheaply made PCs will have linux instead of
Windows, they have noticed, and those PCs often do not work with the CDs
that the consumer already has for games and personal productivity
programs purchased in the past.  Now maybe you think they are wrong, but
they think they are right.  Who is going to tell them any differently?
The clerk at Costco that they might ask about it?  No, Costco doesn't
have any linux on the shelf right now.  Come to think of it, I don't
know of anybody who does.  WalMart doesn't carry the linux machines in
their stores, just mail order.  So, with no one to ask at the stores,
they can only ask around the internet.  Maybe they will ask someone who
knows and doesn't call them a Windope right out of the box.  Else they
may not listen.