Re: Hey Terekhov: Wallace lost. Who'd guess.... ;)

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: Hey Terekhov: Wallace lost. Who'd guess.... ;)
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 23:38:42 +0100

"Alfred M. Szmidt" wrote:
[...]
> "You must cause any work that you distribute or publish", since the
> work hasn't been distributed to you yet, so I am quite free to charge
> you a bazillion zorkmoids to actually distribute it to you, Section 1:
> "You may charge a fee for the physical act of transferring a copy, and
> you may at your option offer warranty protection in exchange for a
> fee.".

And Wallace said that "the defendants attempt to conflate...".

But given that you just can't grok the concept of "intellectual
property" (being a property/bundle of rights which just like
ownership rights to material objects in which work is fixed can
also be sold/licensed (but not under 17 USC 109 which covers the
right to distribute lawfully made material objects in which work
is fixed), don't bother to reply.