Re: Do I have to release the patch for a GPL software under GPL?

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Do I have to release the patch for a GPL software under GPL?
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 21:42:28 +0200 (CEST)

   >    No, they are instructions and they do not actually *contain*
   >    all or part of the preexisting work. If there is no trace of
   >    the preexisting work, the instructions by definition cannot be
   >    a derivative work.
   >
   > The instructions on where to modify are the trace.

   Well, since you snipped my arguments and explanations without even
   bothering to explain why they don't apply, let me just say: no, you
   are wrong.

No, you are wrong.  Please read some basic copyright law.  You haven't
even bothered opening any law codex so it is a waste of my time to
explain such basic things to you, sorry.