Re: GPL and inhouse use?

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: GPL and inhouse use?
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 23:41:57 +0200 (CEST)

   > I was answering a specific concern `code that offers a service to
   > the public'.

   Which would include a copy of GNU/Linux and/or Firefox running on a
   public library computer.  It is not "perfectly reasonable" for anybody
   but yourself to demand that the library will then consequently be
   forced to hand out copies of the source code on demand.

   Not even the FSF has such a contorted view of things.

Do you want me to ask the FSF?  If you say `yes', then I'll send the
following question to legal@: Must a library the runs a modified
version of GNU Emacs provide the source code for this modified version
of GNU Emacs to the users who use the libraries (public) system?

If you don't like the question, feel free to rephrase it in some
manner that suits you.

   > Please David, learn to read instead of resorting to Terkhovian
   > methods.

   Pointing out that your views are not shared by anybody else is
   hardly "Terkhovian".

Pointing out views which have no relation to my opinion about whatever
matter is Terkhovian.  This wasn't about redistributing in-house
programs, it was was redistribution of _public_ programs.

Cheers