Hey Terekhov: Wallace lost. Again. Who'd guess.... ;)

From: Rui Miguel Silva Seabra
Subject: Hey Terekhov: Wallace lost. Again. Who'd guess.... ;)
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 17:30:46 +0100

http://opensource.sys-con.com/read/224798.htm

        The second decision came from a different judge in the Southern
        District of Indiana and, like the first judge and the FSF
        complaint, he found that Wallace didn't properly state a claim.
        He said he accepted the allegations as true but that Wallace
        didn't allege anticompetitive effects in an identifiable market
        by arguing that it stopped him from marketing his own OS and
        dismissed the case with prejudice figuring Wallace couldn't
        remedy the deficiencies.

        The judge wrote that "Antitrust laws are for 'the protection of
        competition, not competitors.' In this case, the GPL benefits
        consumers by allowing for the distribution of software at no
        cost, other than the cost of the media on which the software is
        distributed

*sigh* I guess judges just err and err, don't they Alex? You're the only
soldier boy saluting properly within thousands of bad performers in the
military parade, I suppose, to your parents.

Rui