Re: Basic Gnu Build Question

From: Wei Mingzhi
Subject: Re: Basic Gnu Build Question
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 17:02:55 +0800

>     I'm never sure what to do with a new utility's
> info and share directories.
>     What is the info and share directories, and should I
> symbolically link their contents like I do with bin,
> lib and man?

The info directory contains the full help documents, which can be opened with
the "info" command in GNU/Linux. Not sure if it also exists in Solaris, but
if it doesn't exist then try installing the GNU Texinfo.

The share directory usually contains some data files used by the program, such
as l10n data.

also for others I think you just need to symlink the bin and man directory as
the program will try to read the required data in your --prefix directory
anyway.

Regards,
Wei Mingzhi