Re: Basic Gnu Build Question

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Basic Gnu Build Question
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 18:55:03 +0200 (CEST)

       What is the info and share directories, and should I
   symbolically link their contents like I do with bin, lib and man?

info contains documentation, and share contains data that can be
shared across architectures.  You should probobly link them as you did
with bin and the rest so that things like info work properly.

      Gnupg has a libexec directory with a directory named
   "gnupg".  The four files in this directory have names
   like gpgkeys_curl.  These are executables.  Should
   these be linked into /opt/bin?

Yes, /libexec is used for programs which a user shouldn't run, and are
used by other programs, like in this case, gpg.

Please see the GNU Coding Standards as to the exact details for what
the directories are for.

Cheers.