Re: Looking for an open source license..

From: John Hasler
Subject: Re: Looking for an open source license..
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 17:18:50 -0500

Amanjit Gill writes:
> I just wanted to make sure that in future my glorious ;) (piece of
> software can be used in a commercial app without any problems.

The GPL does not forbid commercial use.  Ever heard of Red Hat?

> So closed source usage does not bother me, but it must be possible

So you want Microsoft to be able to download your work, make some changes,
and release the resulting derivative under their EULA, but you do not want
me to be able to download your work, make some changes, and release the
resulting derivative under the GPL.

I find this incomprehensible.  Either there is something you don't
understand, or there is something here I don't understand.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org