Re: Looking for an open source license..

From: John Hasler
Subject: Re: Looking for an open source license..
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 18:21:31 -0500

David Kastrup writes:
> But that does not mean that I have to give the recipient the same rights
> I received unless I wish to do so.

You have nothing to say in the matter.  The recipient gets his rights the
same place you did: from the copyright owner, who required you to attach
the license to the copy you gave the recipient.  The fact that the copy may
be embedded in work of your own which is differently licensed is
irrelevant.

> And I might have strong inclination not to do so, like if the one giving
>me the license having mentioned that he will stop doing business with me
>if I sublicense under the BSD.

Then he would not have used the BSD in the first place.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org