Re: license issue: calling a GPLv2 library

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: license issue: calling a GPLv2 library
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 14:53:47 +0200 (CEST)

   > The author has no right to restrict a users freedom to use,
   > modify, improve and distribute software.

   Oh, he certainly has that right in almost every country.  That's
   what the Berne convention is about.

Laws and conventions do not make rights.  There are many laws and
convenctions that stomp our rights, like the DMCA and the EUCD.  He
might have the legal laws backing him up, but he does not have any
moral or ethical right to do so.