Re: license issue: calling a GPLv2 library

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: license issue: calling a GPLv2 library
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 23:41:32 +0200

Merijn de Weerd wrote:

> On 2006-06-22, Alexander Terekhov <terekhov@web.de> wrote:
> > Bwahahahah. You're hopeless. BTW, you seem to forgot that Professor Dr.
> > Thomas Hoeren (Visiting Fellow at the Oxford Internet Institute) is
> > Appellate Judge (Court of Appeal of Dusseldorf, Copyright Senate).
>
> And since when is a Dusseldorf judge qualified to practice US law?

Uh. German courts routinely "practice" foreign laws. A few years ago
I was a party in a lawsuit. The German court handed a ruling regarding
birth certificate of my kid issued by the German authority. The case
was decided (the issue was naming) under Belarus law. And the Judge
did it without any "expert" input.