Re: Mixing Licenses ... any hints needed

From: Wei Mingzhi
Subject: Re: Mixing Licenses ... any hints needed
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 16:06:10 +0800

In my opinion, using non-free artwork files is not illegal as this is actually what Red Hat is doing. But I'm not sure about this as I'm not a lawyer, and this is obviously not what Trolltech intended. And I'd also strongly discourage using non-free data files (finding some free ones - not just "GPLed ones" - are very easy, isn't it?).

I'd recommend asking Trolltech for clarification about this issue.

Regards,
Wei Mingzhi