Re: Mixing Licenses ... any hints needed

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: Mixing Licenses ... any hints needed
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 19:35:39 +0200

David Kastrup wrote:

> Alexander Terekhov <terekhov@web.de> writes:
>
> > weimingzhi@gmail.com wrote:
> > [...]
> >> this is obviously not what Trolltech intended
> >
> > Trolltech's "intentions" is smoking gun stuff to invalidate the
> > whole scheme once and for all. I still wonder why Wallace didn't
> > name Trolltech, Inc., Palo Alto as a defendant in his action (which
> > is currently under appeal) right from the beginning...
>
> Because Trolltech does not compete with his alleged operating business

His alleged operating system is in competition with Guh-NÜ-slash-Linux
of Red Hat and Guh-NÜ-slash-Linux of Novell, acording to his complaint.
And both these brands of Guh-NÜ-slash-Linux include Qt under the GPL
license agreement he is complaining about, IIRC.

[...]

>                                              And IBM, RedHat and the
> FSF [dak meant Novell] can hardly be blamed for the fantasies of
> Trolltech.

Well, well, well. It would be fun see IBM, RedHat and Novell telling
the court to not take official Trolltech's statements seriously (so to
speak), to begin with. No?