Re: "GPL requirement could have a chilling effectonderivativedistros"

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: "GPL requirement could have a chilling effectonderivativedistros"
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 20:02:54 +0200

Stefaan A Eeckels wrote:
[...]
> > That's not what I'm saying. You purchase 500 copies, not one. You
> > have a choice: 500 CDs in a box, or download-and-burn-yourself. You
> > choose the later. How many times are you going to download?
>
> If the ability to circumvent the GPL depends on first sale then
                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Jumping to stupid conclusions like GNUtians? I thought you can do
better, Eeckels. You didn't answer the question. I'll take it that
since you're not total idiot (from what I gather), you are going to
download only one copy in the "purchase" scenario above. Your
production of 500 CDs would fall within implied license created by
law.

> you must obtain identifiably separate copies. In the case of a sale,
> the receipt stating the number of copies should do. In the case of a
> free download, you should be able to prove that you downloaded the

Free as in what? The price doesn't matter. And free as in GNU Republic
is beside the point as long as I've done nothing to accept it. And
implied license doesn't count as acceptance. Suppose I downloaded it
from online shop of my friend. And even paid something.

[...]
> I, for one, will never ever consider doing business with you. You
> cannot be trusted to honour an agreement.

I feel sorry for you. Turn on your brain.