Re: "GPL requirement could have a chillingeffectonderivativedistros"

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: "GPL requirement could have a chillingeffectonderivativedistros"
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 12:13:02 +0200

Stefaan A Eeckels wrote:
[...]
> Fine, then you can prove you have a lawful copy, and exercise your
> right of first sale. I've no problem with that. Just don't go and copy
> that copy on the pretext you're into saving bandwidth.

You don't grok it, Eeckels. Suppose I've got a lawful copy. Now I need
another copy. I go to online shop of my friend and buy a bunch of new
copies. In download form. Without any "I agree" re the GPL. His download
page shows the same MD5 or whatever same sig as the copy I've got
already. What's I'm saying is that license ("to save bandwidth") is
implied and that it doesn't constitute acceptance of the GPL. And you
must be a total idiot to argue otherwise. Now please piss of with your
"honesty".