Re: Wallace's reply brief

From: Rui Miguel Silva Seabra
Subject: Re: Wallace's reply brief
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 09:32:24 +0100

Qua, 2006-08-02 às 09:41 +0200, Alexander Terekhov escreveu:
> (consider that over time, under "bazaar model" with long chain of
> derivation in derivative works and additions to collective works by
> different authors, GPL'd IP becomes practically locked within the GPL
> pool)

Funny. Correcting "IP" with Copyrights you're describing precisely the
intent:

GPL'd Copyrights are designed to remain GPL'd Copyrights within the GPL
pool. I'm not sure I would use the word "lock" though, since they're
available to anyone who comes and plays within the rules of the game,
that is to keep feeding the pool.

You don't like the terms for including the work, then don't include it.
Write your own stuff.

Rui