Re: Is it possible to write GPL-Modules for closed-source Software?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Is it possible to write GPL-Modules for closed-source Software?
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 22:08:04 +0200

"Alfred M. Szmidt" <ams@gnu.org> writes:

>    > But do not misunderstand me, I would appreciate your advice, if
>    > you can give useful answers to my questions.
>
>    GPL your wife and kinds as well.
>
> I suspect that the OP doesn't hold the copyright on his wife.  But
> if the OP is indeed the GPL, the OP cannot copulate with his wife
> unless she is licensed under terms that are compatible with the GNU
> GPL.

The output from a GPLed program or device is not per se GPLed: only if
his genes were under the GPL, would the results be affected, and only
in the copyrightable portions of it (of which is it is unlikely there
are any), not the physical manifestation.

> Seriously, go get a freaking life Alexander...

For one thing, he perfectly well has the life of a freak, and for
another, look at what you wrote above.