Re: GNU licenses

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: GNU licenses
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 18:56:05 +0200 (CEST)

   But there is no such thing as an unintentional or automatic
   licensing under the GPL.  It may be the only _legal_ option, but it
   is not automatic and can't be defaulted.

You have trouble reading, I never said that or even implied it.  By
modifying or distributing the code you have _explicitly_ accepted the
license.  There is no "unintentional" or "automatic" licensening
involved, you _explcitly_ accepted the license at the point where you
either modified the program or distributed it.

|   5. You are not required to accept this License, since you have not
|      signed it.  However, nothing else grants you permission to
|      modify or distribute the Program or its derivative works.
|      These actions are prohibited by law if you do not accept this
|      License.  Therefore, by modifying or distributing the Program
|      (or any work based on the Program), you indicate your
|      acceptance of this License to do so, and all its terms and
|      conditions for copying, distributing or modifying the Program
|      or works based on it.

Again, please go and read the license, the only person spreading FUD
here is you simplying wanting to argue about a point which we do not
disagree with!