Re: GNU licenses

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: GNU licenses
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 21:34:20 +0200

mike4ty4@yahoo.com wrote:
[...]
> Thanks for your input, but _WHY_ was the GPL originally made this way?
> *What is the rationale* for having the person GPL the combined work as
> part of the terms, which includes all the original content?

Once again, the term "combined work" is not part of the GPL T&C. But
to answer your questions (regarding FSF's idiotic interpretation and
FAQ), it's because RMS is a Soviet style lunatic preaching that "all
proprietary software is evil", and because the GPL is his tool to
liberate the world from proprietary software: "I hope to see all
proprietary software wiped out. That's what I aim for. That would be
a World in which our freedom is respected. A proprietary program is
a program that is not free. That is to say, a program that does
respect the user's essential rights. That's evil. A proprietary
program is part of a predatory scheme where people who don't value
their freedom are drawn into giving it up in order to gain some kind
of practical convenience. And then once they're there, it's harder
and harder to get out. Our goal is to rescue people from this."

So he is rescuing people from your evil not free original stuff.

Got it now?