Re: GNU licenses

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: GNU licenses
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 21:59:54 +0200

David Kastrup wrote:

> mike4ty4@yahoo.com writes:
>
> > David Kastrup wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > Yep. I _need_ the money, for example.
>
> Then I suggest that you sell your own work then instead of mine.  Why
> should I be paying your bills?

The question doesn't follow. The GPL doesn't allow selling your own
work: the licensing of rights to your work (and its derivatives) is
fixed at no charge (recall that Wallace says that price-fixing
derivatives below cost is unlawful, and that the 7th Circuit Court
have yet to review his claim "de novo").