Re: GNU licenses

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: GNU licenses
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 12:37:54 +0200

"Merijn de Weerd" <merijn@realemail.net> writes:

> On Tue,  5 Sep 2006 10:54:46 +0200 (CEST), "Alfred M. Szmidt"
> <ams@gnu.org> said:
>>    The "not paying $1 per copy" is not part of the authorized act. The
>>    contract establishes two acts: 1) One party authorizes the other
>>    party to copy 2) The other party accepts the obligation to pay for
>>    each copy
>>
>> Of course the "not paying $1 per copy" is part of the authorised act.
>> That you insist on listing them as two sperate things is completely
>> irrelevant.
>
> We're not getting through to each other. How do I say this without
> getting into a "is too/is not".

I recommend you use Google Groups on Alfred Szmidt and GNU or GPL,
pick out a few "discussions", and then consider whether you think
yourself smarter than all the people that finally went into "is too/is
not" or stopped bothering completely.

I think you are perfectly well getting through, but you'll never get
anything as a response that would admit it.