Re: GNU licenses

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: GNU licenses
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 15:06:28 +0200 (CEST)

   I am performing an act which is illegal unless licensed.  There
   exists a license that says "performance of the act indicates your
   acceptance of the license".

   It does *not* logically follow that I therefore am licensed by
   doing the act. You are assuming that it's impossible to do things
   that are illegal (forbidden).

No, I'm assuming (well, not really, it is a fact) that illegal acts
are illegal.  Much like it is possible for someone to commit murder,
or violate copyright law.  There is a difference between "not allowed"
and still doing it.