Re: GNU licenses

From: John Hasler
Subject: Re: GNU licenses
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 16:23:05 -0500

mike4ty4 writes:
> In other words, give up some of the rights to that original code, namely
> the ability to create non-GPL works from parts of it (if I go and
> distribute the combined work). Right?

Wrong.  The fact that you have distributed copies of a work in which you
are the sole copyright owner under the GPL does not in any way prevent you
from distributing subsequent copies (or portions) under any terms you
choose.  You do not give up any rights by distributing under the GPL.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org