Re: GNU licenses

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: GNU licenses
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 22:53:13 +0900

richard@cogsci.ed.ac.uk (Richard Tobin) writes:
>>Then you'd better stop releasing your code under the GPL (or any other Free
>>license) because they certainly can make money out of it and not pay you
>>any.
>
> Very likely, but it's not so important that I'm going to go to great
> lengths about it.  It seems to work in practice.

I look at it this way:  If they're making money with it, they're likely
to put some effort into improving / maintaining it, and with the GPL I
stand a good chance at getting those improvements back.

-miles
--
Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it
has to be us.  -- Jerry Garcia