Re: Open source - Free software

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Open source - Free software
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 13:52:45 +0200 (CEST)

   Here, I mean the free and open the same way I mentioned.

   Why the split, FSF and OSI? OSI is free, but why FSF is not open?
   :(

Open source software is not free at all in many cases.  For example,
the Microsoft Shared Source License is a non-free license, but it is a
Open source license.  It is a non-free license since it disallows
commercial distribution.  There are more such examples, see
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html for a list of licenses
which are free and which are not.

Cheers.