Re: Open source - Free software

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: Open source - Free software
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 16:21:10 +0200

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:
[...]
> McVoy's out of luck

McVoy is doing good.

http://www.bitkeeper.com/press/2006-04-25.html

--------
BitMover Expanding North American Operations

Campbell, CA, April 25, 2006 -- BitMover Inc., the provider of
BitKeeper, the industry's only peer-to- peer collaborative development
tool, announced their completed relocation to larger facilities designed
to support their rapid growth.

BitMover has been consistently doubling it's customer base and revenues
over the last several years and their larger facility is designed to
support this ongoing growth. One of the keys to future success is the
ability to continue attracting the best and brightest engineers. To
compete in today's dynamic atmosphere BitMover is bucking the industry
trend by increasing wages, adding employee perks, and improving
benefits.

"In order to support our rich product roadmap we are moving to a new
facility in Silicon Valley to better tap into the wealth of engineering
talent in the area," said Bob Burres, COO, "Our employees are the key to
our success and we strive to provide the stability and compensation of a
large company with the family atmosphere and excitement associated with
a start up environment."

BitMover has just completed another record year and has kicked off 2006
with a record number of new inquiries during Q1. BitMover does not
invest in any formal marketing and relies on word-of-mouth from
satisfied customers as it's only source of new inquiries. This strategy
has proven quite successful as BitMover is enjoying revenue growth over
10 times the industry average.

"The market acceptance of BitKeeper along with our customer's enthusiasm
for our products has been quite gratifying," said Larry McVoy, CEO, "Our
goal is to continue building the company in a way that allows us to
provide the tools that the market requires while maintaining our
excellent support."
--------