Re: Open source - Free software

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: Open source - Free software
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 11:31:15 +0200

Al Klein wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 09:15:55 -0400, Barry Margolin
> <barmar@alum.mit.edu> wrote:
>
> >Open source software is not the same as free software (as I've mentioned
> >elsethread, open source is a subset of free).
>
> If "free software" is software you're free to modify,

According to the dotCommunist (see "Das dotCommunist Manifest") and GNU
Reichsminister für Volksaufklärung und Propaganda Goebbels^WMoglen,
books, music, etc. is also "software" and must be "free as in freedom".

Now, but when it came to the question of freedom to modify or remove
altogether Stallman's GNU Manifesto from Emacs documentation, the GNU
President invented another "free stuff" license:

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.txt
(GNU Free Documentation License)

-----
L. Preserve all the Invariant Sections of the Document,
   unaltered in their text and in their titles.
-----