Re: Using GPL software

From: xiaomitao
Subject: Re: Using GPL software
Date: 1 Oct 2006 01:18:04 -0700

after reading the GPL faq, im still uncertain about the issues.

The scenerio is this.

Users are able to upload midi files to the web server..
The server will make use of a GPL program to convert the midi to wave
files..Then the propertiary software would combine the wave file with
some graphics to make into a video file..

does that propertiary software be affected by the GPL program?