Re: GPLv3 comedy unfolding -- raya's research on "The Four Freedoms"

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: GPLv3 comedy unfolding -- raya's research on "The Four Freedoms"
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 15:49:22 +0200 (CEST)

   >   There were many other things, but they weren't the web.  In the
   >   case of newsgroups, they weren't even the internet.

   >Depends very much on what you define as "the internet".

   I mean the large network running internet protocols.

And that depends on what you define as an internet protocol.  In my
book, NNTP is a "internet" protocol, and was so from day one.

   Of course, nowadays most newsgroup traffic goes over the internet,
   but that was not originally the case.

Sure it was, but this ofcourse depends on how you define the
"internet". :-)

Cheers.