Re: More GPL questions

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: More GPL questions
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 16:53:37 +0200 (CEST)

   This example program would dynamically link to both Qt and my sdk's
   library.

This would make this non-free SDK library a derivate of Qt and the
example program.

   Does including this example source code in my distrubuted tarball
   put the entire thing, including the sdk, under the GPL?

Yes.  See section 2(b) of the GNU GPL.

   If it does, I'll be forced to leave out the Qt example source,
   altogether, and that seems silly to me.

You are not forced to anything, you agreed to follow the license; see
section 5 of the GNU GPL. But, it would be better if you respected the
rights of your users by making your library free software, would you
like to do that and help us in the fight against a society that
subjugates the rights of computer users?