Re: More GPL questions

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: More GPL questions
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 21:59:18 +0200 (CEST)

   > I have a proprietary sdk that is being distributed. As part of
   > this sdk, I have an /examples/ folder where I include source code
   > showing how to use various elements of the sdk in various display
   > enviornments. We have on example based on X11, another for
   > OpenGL. I want to include a Qt example with my code, as well,
   > since there has been some interest in it. The actual sdk being
   > released contains no GPL components, and this would merely be an
   > example of how to use the SDK and Qt. This example program would
   > dynamically link to both Qt and my sdk's library. Does including
   > this example source code in my distrubuted tarball put the entire
   > thing, including the sdk, under the GPL?

   Of course not - you're not including Qt, are you? If it's source
   code you wrote yourself, that happens to call Qt routines, then it
   is not subject to the Qt license.

By linking to a GPLed library, which Qt is, you must abide by that
license.

Also, the OP is _including_ GPLed source code into his library, not
just linking it.