Re: More GPL questions

From: David Hansen
Subject: Re: More GPL questions
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 16:10:19 +0200

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 22:08:47 +0200 (CEST) Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:

> It should be noted to all that Davids opinion is exactly that, his
> own; it is also a complete misrepresentation of the opinion of the
> FSF.  The FSF has been clear on this point, in that a GPL-incompatible
> work that links to a GPL work is illegal.  This is both answered in
> the FAQ, and in other spots on www.gnu.org.

What about all the java software published under the GPL that
only runs on the Sun VM with the Sun classpath libraries?  Or
if i link a GPL program against a non free libc?  Where is the
difference to the example program that links against a free
and a non free library?  I would have thought that it's
sufficient to publish *only* the example program under the
GPL.

To the OP:  not sure how expensive it is but Trolltech offers
other licenses.

David