Re: GPLv3 comedy unfolding -- Bruce Perens and world table

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: GPLv3 comedy unfolding -- Bruce Perens and world table
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 15:55:28 +0200

David Kastrup wrote:
[...]
> I am not getting paid for the voluntary work I do within the GNU
> project, which is neither my job nor part of my job description.  The

And what is your "job description"? I'm just curious: once and for all,
are you employed or not, dak? Or may be you're a lucky dot-com bubble
multi-millionaire like Shuttleworth of Ubuntu (oops pardon, GNU/Ubuntu)?

> software development I get paid for is not part of the GNU project.
> The FSF does not have the means to pay a multitude of programmers,
> anyway: they have employed single persons over a limited amount of
> time to achieve strategic goals (glibc, Emacs21) but they are, after
> all, a charity.
>
> Are you getting paid for the postings you write on gnu.misc.discuss
> and misc.int-property?

Nope. Any business arrangements? Extra income is good. Uhmm, heck,
how about payments for silence (be warned: will be expensive)?

> It is a lot of work you invest there.

Not much, really. And I've told you already that that's my hobby
(very relaxing).